10 things that will kill you in under an hour is probably just an understatement. There are lots of things that can kill a person in a few minutes.
Following lethal elements can be more fatal than anything other, but it doesn’t mean that there is nothing except these.
- King Cobra
- Saw-Scaled viper
- Deadly Plants
- Botulinum toxin
- VX: A Nerve Agent
- Maitotoxin (MTX)
- Cyanide: KCN
1. King Cobra:
King Cobra is one of the most venomous snakes in the World. It is used as a sign of death or terror by some organizations. Its saliva contains a set of different neurotoxins. The main component of its venom is alpha-neurotoxins which explains why its bite is lethal. Its venom is so deadly that it can kill even an elephant in just a few hours. The survival rate of king cobra bites is very low.
2. Saw-Scaled Viper:
The saw-scaled viper is possibly the deadliest snake of all. Its venom has killed more humans than all of the other snake bite deaths combined.
3. Deadly Plants:
Many plants can kill a person. Some of them are given below:
- Oleander (Nerium oleander):
It is a beautiful and dangerous plant. It can fool the person easily with its attractive presentation. It is grown as an ornamental plant. All parts of oleander contain lethal cardiac glycosides. It can cause Vomiting, Arrhythmia, Diarrhoea, Seizures, Coma, and Death.
- Rosary Pea (Abrus precatorius):
It is also known as jequirity beans. Seeds of the Rosary Pea plant contain Abrin. Abrin is a deadly ribosome-inhibiting protein. Only 3 micrograms of Abrin is enough to kill an adult, less than the amount of poison present in one seed.
- White Snakeroot (Ageratina altissima):
It is a North American herb. It contains a toxic alcohol called Trematol. Ingestion of this plant results in loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, red tongue, abnormal acidity of the blood, and Death.
- Castor Bean (Ricinus communis):
It is a native plant of Africa. Its processed seeds are a source of castor oil. They contain the poison Ricin. It is deadly even in small amounts. One or two seeds of castor beans are enough to kill a child and it takes almost eight beans to kill an adult.
- Ricin: Chemical nature of Ricin is Lectin. It is a very potent toxin.
- Deadly Nightshade (Atropa belladonna):
This plant has faded green leaves and black-colored berries. Its sweet berries tempt children. Nightshade contains Atropine and Scopolamine in its all parts. It causes paralysis in involuntary muscles of the body, including the cardiac muscles. It fails the organs like Renal shutdown and heart failure.
4. Botulinum Toxin:
Botulinum toxin is no doubt one of the deadliest poisons in the World. It is generally used for BOTOX injections but if it is injected at more than a safe dosage it proves to be very lethal.
- Safe Dosage: The safe dosage of Type A toxin is about 100 units. It is recommended.
- Lethal dosage: Lethal dosage of Type a toxin is 1.3-2.1 ng/kg either intravenously or intramuscularly.
5. VX: A Nerve Agent
VX is a very potent nerve agent. Its common name is Methylphosphonothioic acid. It is the most toxic chemical out of all the known chemical warfare agents.
- It is tasteless.
- It is odorless.
- It can cause death in minutes.
- Its exposure to the skin is also very harmful.
- It can contaminate water, air, food, and everything around us.
- It destroys the Nervous system in a matter of a few minutes and kills a person.
6. Maitotoxin (MTX) :
Maitotoxin is one of the deadliest Marine poisons known.
- It is obtained from dinoflagellates.
- It is 1000 times more potent than VX.
- Its lethal dosage is 0.17 ug/kg.
- It has very potent hemolytic and ichthyotoxic activities.
- It is one of the largest natural non-polymeric and non-proteinogenic substances.
7. Cyanide: KCN
Potassium Cyanide, commonly known as Cyanide is a very potent asphyxiant.
- It destroys the ability of the body to regulate Oxygen.
- It is a systemic toxicant that affects almost every cell and every organ of the body by interfering with the ability to use oxygen.
- It is a potent chemical warfare agent.
- It is also being used for judicial executions.
- After exposure, symptoms start appearing in seconds.
- Death usually occurs within 30 minutes of exposure.
- The lethal dosage of potassium cyanide is about 250 mg.
There are lots of things that can kill a person in under one hour. The list just does not end here. Other than poisons, deadly plants, and animals the things that can kill is too many. Natural disasters also fall in the factor list that can kill people within a few seconds.